IT Support Engineers Needed!
Do you love technology? Do you get satisfaction from fixing things and helping people out? If you’re new to technical support or want to develop your skills a career with Wessex IT could be just what you’re looking for!
We need talented trainee and 1st line engineers to join our fantastic team in Cowfold. We’re a leading Managed Service Provider (MSP) of outsourced IT and cloud services with a strong and rapid-growing client base. We’ve recently completed two acquisitions as well, so the business is growing, and we want you to be part of this exciting next chapter!
Your average day would be spent speaking directly to customers – giving them advice and helping them out with day to day problems. This involves getting to grips with 150+ different customer environments, systems and technologies which is what makes working for an MSP exciting and challenging in equal measure.
At other times you’ll be visiting clients’ sites and helping the projects department with an equally diverse set of projects. We promote an environment where if you enjoy a task or want to learn more about a particular technology – you’ll have opportunities to do more in that area.
It’s a busy place to be but we have a super team and a relaxed (but focused) working environment. There’s also a strong support network within the rest of the business to bring out the best in you and we regularly enjoy company social events.
Typical duties with this role include
- Working on the helpdesk receiving telephone and email requests from clients as well as making call-backs
- Investigating and resolving faults and incidents with the IT systems we look after
- Providing remote support using our RMM (Remote Monitoring and Management) system
- Travelling to site to carry out support work where required across the South-East and occasionally London
- Monitoring backup systems and their status
- User account and Office 365 administration
- Responding to alerts and managing incidents, outages and our response
- Performing proactive maintenance and projects – or making recommendations
- Managing tickets and jobs, maintaining accurate notes, paperwork and documentation
You’d also work up to these duties as you progress:
- Server support and configuration including Active Directory and Hyper-V
- Networking (Routers, Firewalls, VLANs, APs, VPNs)
- Installations and small projects
- Cloud, hosting and data centre operations
- Support and configuration of Hosted Telephone Systems (VoIP)
40 hours per week.
A full UK driving license is preferred, but not essential.
Trainee - £14,000 - £18,000 pa.
1st Line - £18,000 - £24,000 pa.
20 days paid holiday rising to 25 plus public holidays and 2% matched pension contribution.
Please send your CV to email@example.com with any information you feel may be of benefit to your application. Should you be successful, you will be invited to interview where we will further discuss your application.